In this article, we will explore 10 potential employee workflows that can be implemented in an intranet to streamline processes and improve overall organizational performance.
- Onboarding workflows: Create a step-by-step process for new hires to complete their onboarding tasks, such as signing contracts, filling out paperwork, and getting set up with the necessary tools and resources.
- Performance management workflows: Develop workflows for setting goals, conducting performance reviews, and tracking progress against those goals.
- Time-off request workflows: Allow employees to request time off through the intranet, and create workflows for managers to review and approve those requests.
- Employee recognition workflows: Allow employees to give recognition to their peers, and create workflows for managers to review and approve those recognitions.
- Training and development workflows: Develop workflows for employees to request training and development opportunities, and for managers to approve and track progress against those opportunities.
- Expense reimbursement workflows: Allow employees to submit expenses through the intranet, and create workflows for managers to review and approve those expenses.
- IT support workflows: Create workflows for employees to request IT support, such as resetting passwords or resolving software issues.
- Project management workflows: Allow employees to collaborate on projects through the intranet, and create workflows for assigning tasks, tracking progress, and reviewing and approving deliverables.
- Communication workflows: Develop workflows for sending and receiving internal communications, such as announcements, newsletters, and updates.
- Employee feedback workflows: Allow employees to provide feedback on various aspects of the company, such as company culture, leadership, and processes, and create workflows for managers to review and address that feedback.
In Microsoft O365 intranets, these workflows can be easily implemented using Power Automate, a cloud-based service that allows users to create and automate workflows across multiple applications and services.